With the modern busy lifestyle, fitting in time to exercise can be a chore. We’ve got some tips for a whole body workout to introduce into your daily routine that will help you burn those calories without having to schedule it in.
1. Start your day off with a walk. If possible jump off the bus a stop early or park your car further away from your work. You could also take out the dog before work to get you moving.
2. Take the stairs. Cut out lifts if possible and use the stairs everytime. It’s a quick way to get your heart rate up.
3. While sitting at a desk or watching TV, clench you buttocks to keep them toned. Simply squeeze for five seconds each time and release. Repeat 10 times, 3 times a day.
4. Get moving while you’re on the phone. Stand up and briskly step from side to side. Best to do at home to avoid strange looks!
5. Play! Children are full of energy and what better way to get some exercise than to help them burn it. Revisit your own childhood with a game of tag or stuck in the mud. You could even get them involved in a game of rounders, tennis or simply chase them around the garden. You’ll have so much fun you’ll forget you’re exercising! Children not essential.